28 August 2006

weeeeeekend barbeque

Last saturday I was invited to a real American barbeque. A paradise of burgers, bratwursts (yes, they use the German name *g*) and lots of budweisers and heinekens.
It's all about perspective, right :o) ? The girl on the right is Sandra by the way, a new German intern at Lufthansa who just arrived a week ago (and yes, she is a little taller than the guy on the right). A nice screen in a nice flat. Funny detail: The flat is located in a district called "vienna" - so the States have their own vienna too. An Ösi (me) surrounded by two German girls on the metro. Another funny detail: The park and ride parkinglots in the States are actually called "KISS and ride" parkinglots. why? I don't know - at least I haven't seen mass-kissing on these parkinglots yet... Group-picture: They guy on my right is Dustin - the host of the barbeque and a satellite technician at the Dulles International airport.

Keine Kommentare: