06 September 2006

big apple: window shopping

On my second trip to New York I took the China Town bus (cheap, cheaper, cheapest!!!) from China town D.C. to China town new york. the first thing I saw when I got off the bus was - exactly - this beautiful shopping window. I decided to go to another restaurant: There they tried to sell me "deep fried frog with salt, pepper and garlic"... Did I eat it? Who knows....

Welcome to the huuuuuuge Disney World Store at 5th avenue - never ever take your kids with you when you intend to go inside - I have hardly ever seen so many screaming kids' faces (I want a soft toy.... *heul*)Here you can get everything: From super-huge Winnie the Poo to key rings, Goofy stickers and Cinderella dresses...

What would New York be without really expensive stores (and huge, frightening security personell in front of the doors) - so I did not dare to walk inside of most stores. But even the windows of Chanel and Jean Paul Gaultiers look great....

Last but not least - NIKE town. tons of sneakers, running shoes, sandals and stylish staff members (damn, maybe I should start running again *g*)...

Keine Kommentare: